Tuesday, March 13, 2007

happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday to me!!! I’m officially 30 today. I’ve decided that it shall be a day of great celebration and not mourning. There are days I feel really young, and days I feel really old—but overall, I’m excited to be in my 30s.

I celebrated this past weekend with my closest friends. We all rented a beautiful cottage at Crystal Mountain resort in northern Michigan. And, it was there that I tried downhill skiing for the first time in my life. It was the scariest, most nerve racking, yet thrilling experience I have done in a long time. But, the point is, I DID IT! I kept thinking: “I’m skiing! I’m actually skiing!” I did stick to the easy hills and only fell twice the whole afternoon—however, I honestly can say I was (and am!) extremely proud of myself.

I cannot wait to see what this year holds for me. I feel like I can take on whole new life challenges now that my first digit is a three. ;)

No comments: