Summer is quickly approaching…and as the end of the school year is a week away, I’ve started looking ahead to the fun things I have planned.
For a couple of weeks I’ll be working at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin. I’ve been the nurse there for three years now, and even though I can’t commit to the whole summer this year, I was willing to help things get up and running in the infirmary.
Then, at the end of June I get to go to Washington DC for a work related conference. I’m really excited about this as I’ve always wanted to visit, but have never had the opportunity. Now I get to go—all expenses paid! I’m even extending my trip by a couple of days to give myself some more time to explore and sightsee…suggestions are welcome!
A week after I come home from DC, I get back on a plane and head to Alaska! I won’t go into the long, boring details about how excited I am about that… ;)
Bring on the summer of 2007!
Friday, June 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Rob and I took a trip to DC in the fall of 2004 and it was one of our favorite trips ever. We enjoyed the Holocaust Museum (very heavy and impacting...it will make you disturbed and sad), Arlington Cemetary, and the Air and Space Museum. Because it was so warm out, we also did a lot of walking around the monuments. We also went to these indoor gardens (can't remember what they are called), but I enjoyed that. It was hard finding places to eat lunch (we actually stayed in Alexandria, VA and ate breakfast and supper close our motel) because there aren't too many cheap restaurants. The American History museum has a food court and there are also hot dog stands situated along the major areas. Hope you have a good trip! Beth is going to be at a conference there at the end of June so maybe you'll run into her.
Post a Comment