Saturday, January 17, 2009

home sweet home

Today is the first day I'm finally feeling like I've settled back into home. I arrived home last Saturday night--without my luggage--but glad to be back with Jason and in my own bed. :) Then, after one day's rest, I jumped back into work, grad school, and church with both feet. My past experience with jet lag upon returning home after a 11 hour time difference was not bad, so I was expecting this time to be the same. Boy, was I wrong! Each day has felt rather like being in a fog like state--as though I should be functioning normally, but not with quite all my bodily functions in tact yet...

Needless to say, it's been a bumpy adjustment back. Thank God for a fully supportive husband! :) So, today I'm "home." I put Christmas decor away, doing laundry, got groceries--all things that feel normal...yet, somehow a piece of my heart is still in Bangladesh. One word description of my experience is AMAZING. One sentence description of what lesson most touched my heart: how ministry is about truly just being Christ to someone and how God can speak through people just by showing love.

Below are a few pictures from my trip...I dare say that I hope these will not be the last I can take home from this amazing land...



No comments: