Saturday, October 17, 2009

motherhood

so, I've entered a new journey in my life called motherhood. At this time, I can truly say the journey is AMAZING. A new little life that God has given me (us!) the privilege to nuture, raise, and teach that God has created her to be the lovely and beautiful girl that she is!

October 9, 2009 at 12:07pm this beautiful little girl was introduced to her father & I. My first comment in seeing her was to Jason: "she has your ears!" Yet, as I watched her through tears of joy, I couldn't believe what a beautiful combination of her dad & I she really was and is. Most days I can't help but just stare at her beauty! We named her Leah Ann with her first name just being a beautiful Bible name and her middle name after her great-grandmother.

Those are some of my thoughts & emotions...some of the logistics: I am breastfeeding, I am continuing my grad classes through this semester, I am on maternity leave until after Christmas break. All of these combined have made for some interesting life changes--all to be expected, of course! Jason has taken a couple weeks off of work and that has been extremely nice in this past week (and continuing weeks!) of adjusting.

I look forward to this continued journey with all the happiness, love, tears, and joy that it has and will hold. I cannot wait to share it with you all!

1 comment:

Joelynne said...

She's so beautiful, Rachel - I just can't stand it!! You're a brave and ambitious woman to still be attending grad classes, and to have jumped right back in already in Leah's first week of life! Hopefully Jason's driving you to and from.... & do you keep her with you, or are you pumping already?

I really admire you. Truly, I do. She's gorgeous, though, and I'm already looking forward to the next time I get to snuggle her littel self! ;0]