Tuesday, April 24, 2007

baby love

How is it that a 9 month old can totally make your day with just one smile? I tell ya…I’ve had a rough couple of weeks. Finishing up pathophysiology (part one anyway), stressful work (downhill slide to summer break), and church easter program (at church every single night)…it’s been busy!

So, today was a madhouse at work, including a phone call to 911 and a visit from the EMS, that by the time I got home, I was exhausted. I was invited to dinner at my best friend’s house—I hardly every turn down a free meal. I arrive to hear my most favorite almost-4-year-old “nephew” announcing to the neighbors (and whoever else was within ear shot) that his Auntie Rachel was eating dinner with them, which totally put a smile on my face. Then his 9 month old brother, who is definitely finding another special place in my heart, gave me a huge two-tooth, two-dimpled smile.

Then, to top it off, I also got a 9 month old “hug.” *sigh*

Suddenly, the day is brighter. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love this post...makes you realize what is most important. It seems like a lot us have had crazy...stressful last couple of weeks! I used to love this time of year when I was a college student. Now I think I prefer the late summer/fall season better.